Friday, January 25, 2008

3.25 Mile training Run for the Half Marathon



Mom decided, since there was a lull in the wet cold winter storms we've been having here in southern California, that we could get a training run in for the half marathon we're running at the end of April...so off we went to run along Paseo Del Mar-which has a view of Catalina Island. We're running almost everyday now. It's amazing how things have changed since moms foot is feeling better and since that unhealthy ex-boyfriend left her! (Mind you now I have mom all to herself!!!) I like this run because we usually go into White Point Nature Preserve and she lets me off leash...and guess what~that's what we did. It was pretty muddy though-I got mud stuck in between my paws and mom had tons of mud stuck on the bottom of her shoes.....I also wasn't feeling great-stopped a few times to eat grass. Maybe I'm tired and need a rest day!

I much prefer to run off leash-then I can stop and smell things without stopping mom.

3 comments:

Gus and Louie said...

We are so proud of your Mom. Maybe you need to take her herding with you. Then she would get all her running in to. You might be able to teach her a few things!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Gus and Louie said...

The vet seems to think that Louie will be like 35 pounds where Gus is like 50. We are on our way to the vet this AM for Gus's boosters and to make an apt. for Louie to be fixed. We will have to update you on their weights when we get back. I really feel that Louie will catch Gus if those ears are any indication...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Gus and Louie said...

Mom says her diet is working. I now weigh 42.5 pounds and Louie is 26. He was only 18 pounds the last time we went to the vet. The vet said I look really good and I am very health. I guess Mom and Dad are doing a very good job..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie