- Be aware of the cat's front paws~they are weapons and may raise up and strike at any moment. Being agile and poised at the ready is a must.
- As the cat moves forward, nudge his hind area a bit (otherwise known as his butt!). The cat must know that the herding dog is in charge!
- The cat will inevitably stop,they always seem to, when the cat stops-ALERT- be on the defensive for a right or a left hook (or both!)
- Once the cat starts it's movement forward, upon hearing it's name being called, prepare your heeler instincts and give said cat a nip on it's back leg. This is a mandatory part of cat herding!
- Cat approaches the desired area due to your keen cat herding abilities.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Cat Herding 101
There is a definite art form to cat herding. The first thing a herding dog must remember-cats aren't sheep~they think they are smarter than sheep and us dogs! Let me tell you, the most important thing a herding dog must remember: cats have claws that will stick into your face. With that information in hand, let me show you the basic steps of cat herding.