Saturday, January 19, 2008

A vet visit with Winton the cat

Well we just got back from the Vet-mom was in there a long time with Winton-glad I didn't have to go in. Winton is my favorite cat because he likes to play with me! Well~it seems that Winton isn't doing great. Mom has known for about a year that he's been losing weight-he does has Chronic Renal Failure-but just in the past month Winton has lost about 3/4 lb and the vet heard a heart murmur for the first time. She took blood and urine from Winton-he smelled like a vets office when he came back into the car-I smelled him!!! SO mom told me that she'll find out more about his blood work on tuesday. It could be alot of things with Winton:
  • hyperthyroidism
  • Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
  • Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
  • his Chronic renal failure
So mom wasn't too happy. I think she's been expecting news kinda like this-guess it's never easy when you finally hear it because she got into the car and cried. But I was there for her and comforted her like I always do when she cries! because I love my mom more than anyone!!! She did get me something while she was at the vet. A one time dose of Revolution-you see I went into mosquito area~Tennessee~ and I needed an occasional dose for heartworm since i was back in the south.

No comments: