Thursday, January 31, 2008

WOW!



We had a bit of a late start today-mom and I were up at 2am last nite...I heard these people coming up the stairs and I started barking~mom said stop barking so I did but then a few minutes later we heard steps outside moms window and she heard a diesel engine running-she popped out of bed (she scared me she jumped so fast) and looked out the window to see a fire engine and ambulance right outside the building-the paramedics were rolling a stretcher up towards our steps. My mom was ok! But she said a word that dogs don't say and asked me to be quiet~I think I knew something was going on because normally I'm not quiet when strangers are outside my door! Mom went outside~I think she went to our neighbors house right across the breezeway~I heard my mom talking and then mom followed the paramedics downstairs-I knew because I was looking out the window. The paramedics had our neighbor-she wasn't feeling good at all. After the fire truck and ambulance left, mom came back upstairs-she told me our neighbor was sick and had been taken to the hospital-our neighbor has a heart condition....I think mom was worried so i snuggled with her when she climbed back into bed. But mom couldn't fall back asleep right away~which is why we got up late this morning.

3 comments:

Isis said...

just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my bloggy, and for taking the time to look at clive's tribute. I appreciate that!

I worked very very hard!

Gussie said...

Hi Velcro,
That sounds like a busy and worrying evening. :-(

Thanks for stopping by our blog and letting us know your Scottish connections. We might be going to an agility show in Dundee soon, if Gus gets the paperwork organised.Lots of things to herd in these parts, if you're so inclined. Jake prefers to chase squirrels up trees and swans into the canal.

Gus and Louie said...

We sure hope that your neighbor is doing well. It must have been really scary for your Mom..

Yes we give Mom and Dad all kinds of kisses when they come home... Louie always jumps on her lap and tries to get all the attention..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie