Saturday, March 15, 2008

ASCA Trial in Acton, CA held by the West Coast Australian Shepherd Association

Mom and I woke up today,the sun was blaring into the house, and went for a 3.5 mile run. I knew something was up-either mom was working or we were going somewhere...and iw as right. She loaded up food and water and me, of course, into the car, and we drove 1 1/2 hours to Acton, CA for an ASCA herding Trial. I was very excited-I knew I was going to see sheep! Well is aw shhep and I saw cattle! I didn't get to work cattle but one day soon I will! Well, Mom and I entered the ASCA Started course B with Sheep. It is the first time we've done an ASCA trail. it's different than an AKC Trial. ASCA looks more at the dog, AKC looks at the shhep. Well, mom and I went~she thought i was a bit rambunctious, but I moved the sheep around fairly well. We made all the obstacles-I missed 3 sheep thru one of the gates, but all in all I was a good herding dog! Of course we had an added obstacle today-SNOW!!!! Yes, the wet, cold, white stuff was falling down. I've never been in falling snow-it kept landing on my face! And it was kinda cold. It really snowed while we were out on our trial. Mom didn't have gloves-silly mom-so i think she got pretty cold. Her excuse was that we live in California, and who would have thunk that it would snow today!!! Guess what mom, it did! But we finished our run in the snow and waited around to watch the rest of the cattle runs(I want to herd cattle!) and the duck runs-mom doesn't think I'd be too good at ducks. After all the runs were completed, they had the awards ceremony....and to mom's surprise, I got 2nd place!!! Mom was handed a red 2nd place ribbon for me!!! I received a score of 75 and the judge added a comment to my score sheet that read " Nice run. With Time and practice things will settle down more. You have a wonderful dog"...well of course I'm wonderful!!! I know that, mom knows that...now alot more people know that!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

6 comments:

Maggie & Mitch said...

Congratulations on your second place win, Velcro! Great job!
Doesn't snow on your face feel awesome!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus and Louie said...

We are so proud of you Velcro. We know you are wonderful too. Keep up the good work.
Wow snow in CA. That is like our snow day 2 weeks ago in Texas. We sure had a great time playing in it though.
Oh mom just had to tell you that yesterday at the vet some guy thought Louie was a coyote. Can you believe that. Some other guy tried to interject and said we were those dingo dogs!!

Congrads again. Obedience training starts this week but the first session just mom and dad go not us. :0(

http://khyraskhorner.blogspot.com/

Noah the Airedale said...

Excellent Velcro, second place!!! well done.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Gus and Louie said...

oh yes we found lots of bones at the lake. Those are our treasures. Mom also found a quarter laying right in the dirt. She didn't even need a metal detector like dad!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Ginger said...

Hi Velcro and congrats! You live such an exciting life!!

Nubbin wags
Ginger

Pacco de Mongrel said...

congratulation...

next u will be aiming for the 1st place... !!