Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Border Collie Club of Greater Los Angeles AKC Herding Trial, Day #1 Course A Started

Mom got up kinda early this morning~I knew something was up becayse she had been packing bags and a cooler the night before. I didn't know what was going on, so after mom threw the tennis ball to me, I did not eat my breakfast~I didn't want to be left!! Well she packed me intot eh car and took me to the park to play with my Jolly Ball. We only played for about 10 minutes and then we were off again, this time for about an hour and a half drive up to Bel Canto Ranch in Lancaster, CA. It's up in the high desert-the wind was howling, the sun was out and it was dry!! Mom and I and Uncle Scott drank alot of water!! Mom had thought they might started Started around 11am or 11:30am-but the Started class didn't start until after lunch, around 12:30. But once it started it went pretty quickly, and all of a sudden they are calling my number, 310. So mom and I walked into the arena, Uncle Scott was taking pictures of us!! We started off with a so-so outrun, it's the hardest part for me!! But went thru the course nicely~especially considering this was my first attempt at Course A Started. And guess what? I qualified!!!! I got a score of 69 out of 100. Not the best-but there is always room for improvement, and mom learned alot yesterday!! I think she was kinda nervous! I received a pretty green qualifying ribbon! Mom was SO PROUD OF ME!!! She gave me lots of chicken as my special treat!!! I was the only Cattle Dog entered into the trial-most of the dogs were Border Collies or Aussie Shepherds. It was fun and we go back again tomorrow! Lets hope it goes well!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Safe Baby Toys

7 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Way to go Velcro. We're so proud of you just like your mum. The photos are great. We love watching you in action.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Gus and Louie said...

Wow you are awesome and you got a ribbon. Ya.. Louie and I are so proud of you. We are sure Mom is also.. Great job..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Thor said...

Hi Velcro!
Congratulations! I´m proud of you too! Great photos of you in action!


Thor

Maggie & Mitch said...

Congratulations on your green ribbon, Velcro! We loved watching you herding those sheep! Great pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Baby Love said...

I am so proud of you Velcro, pretty soon you'll be head of the class and those border collies won't know what hit em! Beautiful scenary!

Pacco de Mongrel said...

u know... is a great feeling for being the only breed there...

so u can announced yourself the best heeler in the trial..

congrates for your green ribbon...

spotts said...

Hi, I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Green ribbon, great job!