Saturday, March 1, 2008

A cool Misty Saturday....

and mom got up early today. Actually she was awake at 5am because the neighbors were moving tables into a van. I was growling at them and mom was pissed that her sleep had been disturbed~but she was up at 6am anyway. I knew something was up because she put on her running stuff. She put food out for me, but I didn't eat it~didn't want her to leave me!! We got into the car and drove~we drove near my old herding site-I thought for a brief moment I was going to see sheep(that will be tomorrow). We stopped in a parking lot with all kinds of runners-mom's at it again-another race!! I didn't get to race with her though-some races think I'll trip the runners!! I would never do that. So mom left me in the car-good thing it was raining and cool! She wasn't gone too long-ok mom isn't the fastest of runners-but she came back to the car after running her 6.2 miles and put my leash on and we were off for MY RUN! I guess we ran some of the course she had just finished. We ran 2 miles down and then turned around and came back! I was ready for more but I think mom was tired. It's the first 10 miler she's done in years!!! I guess that means we'll be hanging at the house when we get back!!!

I did get a special treat when I got home-no not the pictures in front of the pretty flowers! I got yummy chicken! I gobbled it all up!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Nosara Surfing

8 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Your mum did good Velcro. Mine would be hospitalised if she ran 10 miles lol.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Maggie & Mitch said...

Your mom is sure in great shape to run 10 miles, Velcro! Our mom only walks these days - she wouldn't dream of running!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Thor said...

Hi Velcro!
Your mom did very well! My mom doesn´t run currently, only walks! Thanks for signing my guestbook!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Thor

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
10 miles?? Wow! My mom only walks and very slooooowly!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sid the Dog said...

Nice work! I myself have never been a fan of running (oh, the smells I would miss), but Rocky enjoys accompanying J when she deigns to run. 10 miles would definitely be beyond her, though...

-Sid

Gus and Louie said...

Your so beautiful. I think I have a crush on you. ....Gus

Your mom was so nice to run all that way and then go for a run with you. You better be good so she holds on to you!!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow. I'm impressed! I'm usually pretty beat after a 10K. You're lucky you got a run--Ari would have had to wait a day or two!

ps- Tell your mom we think she's great!

Pacco de Mongrel said...

how silly are those humans....we dogs have better eye sight than them...