Saturday, April 12, 2008

COWS! MOOS!

Mom drove me down to Escondido today-and guess what? I got to herd cattle for the first time!!! I didn't really know what they were-they are funny looking sheep!!! We had two runs-the first time, mom had to be told where to stand in relationship to the cows and me-it was kinda rough. Cows don't act the same as those silly sheep! But the second run we had was better. I stayed behind the cows and mom stayed toward the back of the cows and we moved them along the fence. It was different-because I was allowed to get in there and nip at the heels of the cows....mom said I was a good girl!

Velcro herding Cattle April 12 2008

7 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

There's always one stubborn cow ay Velcro. It just didn't want to do as it was told. Naughty cow.
You did really well for your first time. The videos were great.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Pacco de Mongrel said...

your are so brave to nip at the cows heel..

i don't think i would dare 2 even get near them...

Chris & Mackenzie said...

Are you sure Mom drove? The pic makes it seem as if you were the one in the drivers seat!

Wags - Chris & Mackenzie

Josie said...

Hi Velcro! It's so super-dooper cool that you got to herd COWS!!!! Wow! Now you are an official Cow Girl! I'll bet you're on Cloud Nine! I'm so happy for you, Josie...here in MN nipping at the heels of my chickens...do they have heels?

Gus and Louie said...

First sheep and now cows. You are so lucky!! We have 2 obedience classes left and then I get to chase those sheep...
You need to stop over and check out the cool sign Dad got us today...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

River said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Velcro - you look like you have a lot of fun!!

Good on you for putting those cows in their place :)

River

Maggie & Mitch said...

Awesome, Velcro! We're so glad you finally got to herd!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch