Sunday, April 20, 2008

A weekend of herding at the ACDCGLA Herding Trial

Well Mom and I spent the weekend in Escondido at the Australian Cattle Dog Club of Greater Los Angeles herding Trial. I was entered in two runs on saturday-one ACD only and one all breed and then one run on sunday-ACD only. Well it wasn't a good weekend for me-I didn't qualify in any of my runs. On saturday, I missed qualifying by one point! I had a qualifying score but I lost 50% of my points in my outrun,fetch and drive! Everything else in the run was good! And today, I would have qualified, but lost 50% of my points in the cross drive and panel! The silly sheep bolted to the pen! Mom and I tried to get them back-but they were being more stubborn than me! And I'm a cattle dog! Oh well! I did win a raffle prize! A bag filled with Tennis Balls!!! Mom said I'd like that better than a ribbon any day!

While we were there, we watch a cattle dog named Mr T run in Advanced Cattle! WOW! What a cattle dog! He was amazing! He was jumping up and flipping in the air. mom said it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen! He unfortunately got timed out-but it was a fantastic run!

Our next attempt at two qualifying runs will be in Llano on May 31st and June 1st! Lets hope mom and I get some good practice in before then!!

BubbleShare

9 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Sounds like you had a very interesting weekend!
Sorry about your lost points! I am sure next time you will do it great!
Tennis balls?? That is a prize! Yes, better than ribbons!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Maggie & Mitch said...

You'll ace it next time,Velcro! Don't be disappointed!
We'd take the tennis balls over ribbons too!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh Velcro, better luck next month. We're sure you'll qualify then.
So you got a bit of a crush on the boy cattle dog then hee hee.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Josie said...

Hi Velcro! Sounds like you had a great weekend herding! Good for you for giving it your all! You'll nail it next time, girl! Is Mr T cute? Best, Josie

Gus and Louie said...

We are still very proud of you as we are sure your mom is too. Hey a bag of tennis is balls is better than a ribbon any day..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Mack said...

Sounds like you hit the jackpot with the tennis balls! What could be better than that!????

Sparky said...

Ha, tennis balls are wayyy better than ribbons, that's for sure!

I'll bet you'll do grrrreat next time. Hopefully you'll get even more tennis balls! Hee hee.

I liked the pictures!

Sparky

Pacco de Mongrel said...

sometimes we do have bad days...

make ur mum do more practise with u.... may 1st is coming veli soon...

i'm sure u will do well in the next round

Kathryn and Ari said...

You and mom look fantastic in the photos: if they gave points for grace and style, you both would have won first place. You'll get'em next time, Velcro--honest!

PS- The snow has finally left our forest, so we took our first trail run this morning. 5 miles of pure bliss!