Sunday, May 11, 2008

SHEEP!

BubbleShare


Sheep! Finally after two weeks of not sheep herding I got to see my sheep today! The sun was out and my class was at 12:30...and boy is my mom proud of me! She said I was wonderful today!!! (It was my mother's day present to her!) Even our trainer, Terry, was kinda impressed! She said maybe I'm lulling mom into a sense of security-in the true cattle dog way! No matter om was thrilled! My outruns were so much better! I was staying back from the sheep! And I didn't bark at them!!! We have another herding trial at the end of the month! So maybe practice will make perfect!!!

5 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

Hey Velcro,

That sounds like a lot of fun! I bet you don't have any trouble sticking to them! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Noah the Airedale said...

Well done Velcro. Bet that put a smile on your mums face!!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh by the way thanks for the tip on the soft elizabethan collar. Pinky B said he saw a soft one down at the petbarn but didnt think we'd need it....he was wrong. It's made from something like fly screen material.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Gus and Louie said...

Yes herding was just awesome. Both mom and the trainer thought that I would bolt once I got through the gate but I fooled them. We didn't have an instinct trial but she said I was a natural. At one point I was herding them and Mom pulled me back, of course the trainer said NO NO let him go he's got it!! We learned that the sheep have a bubble and once I get to that bubble they begin to move. Of course when I got to the bubbly I began to bark. The trainer told mom to ignore it since I was doing a great job at herding.. It was so much fun to finally get to do what I was bred to do.. My second trail I did awesome of course the trainer had made mom get into the pasture and herd the sheep herself so she would get the idea.. She was silly
but it seemed to help her get it too.. We are going to go back next Monday night to train somemore.

We are so glad that you gave your Mom such an awesome present of doing so well with your herding.. Tell Mom Happy Mom's day again..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Anonymous said...

Hi Velcro!! I'm so happy for you that you did sooo super at herding!You make us all proud! Best, Josie