Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Long week without mom and a very HOT saturday with Mom

Mom is finally here spending time with me instead of going to her silly job where I can't go!!! I have seen My grandpa twice this week so that's been fun! Here are some pictures from Monday the 16th when it was cooler and he took me to the park:

BubbleShare



Of course while mom was at work, my petsitter also came to take me to the park. I'm pretty lucky to have a petsitter and a grandpa who like to spend time with me while mom is slaving away at work.

BubbleShare


On friday, Grandpa came down to play with me again! He took me to the park, but unlike Monday when it was cool and overcast, it was HOT HOT HOT and sunny! And I don't like the sun. California has been hit by HOT HOT weather-record heat-and I got to play out in it, but just for a little bit until I found the shade of a palm tree and proceeded to lie down-Grandpa joined me in the shade!

BubbleShare -



Today, saturday, I knew mom was home for a few days-but she left early to go run some sort of silly human race. Doesn't she know that we're having record heat in California and that she should just stay at home with me??? Well she finally came home and proceeded to hook up the air conditioner in her bedroom-where we spent most of the afternoon, with the kitties as well, napping. Seems mom got a bit hot out at her run in 92 degree heat! But I took care of her! It's dark now-it's not really cooling off yet. Mom and I have been lounging in the air conditioning. She had wanted to take me to the park to play-but lets face the doggie facts friends, I wouldn't have played much! I'm just happy mom is here to hang out with me!

BubbleShare

4 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

Mum is really silly for running all that way when it was sooo hot! Did you check her feet when she got home? Were they all melted? Us dogs would never want to do anything like that would we?

Cheers

Charlie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Sure is nice to have your Grandpa to come and spend some time with you!
Here is very hot too! So my walkies are very short!
Have a Happy Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ps Great pictures of you and the kitties!

Maggie & Mitch said...

We don't like the extreme heat any more than you do, Velcro! We're so glad you have aire-conditioning for some relief! You and the kitties look pretty happy lounging on the bed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

River said...

At least you had a cool day or two but it's obvious you have a talent for finding the ONLY shade! A good talent to have in the heat. It's been a little cooler in Ga this past week (80s) but we still rather stay in the house! Glad you got some quality mom-time.

love & wags,
River