Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shakespeare By the Sea with Mom and Grandpa

Saturday means mom time! And mom and I had alot of time on saturday. She vacuumed and I attacked the vacuum! I love to do that!! And then around 6:30pm we went on a run. It's gotten hot again here in California, so mom and I weren't too happy about running in the sun and heat~because it was still sunny and hot. But we had to do it because we were going somewhere special tonight! So out we went...I was dragging behind mom~she doesn't like that but today she was stopping to walk when she got hot...when we got home I gobbled up water and mom jumped in the shower...where are we going mom??? (Grandpa had come down yesterday, friday, to take me to the park and play-he made dinner on friday night and gave me some!! Spaghetti! Yummy!) So Grandpa was going wherever we were going. Mom loaded us and blankets, chairs and food into the car and we drove a few miles to the park by the ocean! Oh goody! I knew where we were!!! I thought I was going to play with my jollyball, but no I didn't, but there were alot of people in the park!!! I hurried mom, and we started walking to the bandshell-I saw my moms friend walking to us! I hadn't seen her since mom worked on CSI Miami! We were at the park to watch Shakespeare By the Sea!! We do this every summer and I guess it was time to do it again!!! Tonight's play was A Midsummer's Night Dream! There were alot of doggies at the play! I met Ella a golden retriever and I also saw a blue heeler!!! Mom went up to talk to her human-since she doesn't see many heelers here!!! It was a fun night! It got cold so I snuggled in mom's lap! Grandpa took pics of mom and I!!! When we got home at 10:30pm I was sleepy!!! It was night night time!!
BubbleShare

12 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Velcro

That looks like it was a lot of fun. Did you hear them talking about dogs on the stage? Like "I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon, Than such a Roman" or something like that! Your Mum must be very special if she worked on CSI. My Bi-Ped Chook loves watching CSI.

Cheers

Charlie

Maggie & Mitch said...

What a fun adventure, Velcro! We love those pictures of you and your mom together! We can sure tell how much you love each other!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Gosh the temperature must drop alot at night cause your mum's wearing a beanie??? I hope you enjoyed the play Velcro. It looks like a fun night out.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Gus and Louie said...

You were so lucky to get to go to the play with your mom and grandpa.. That had to be wonderful meeting new friends.
We went for a very long ride today. You need to check out our blog. You are NOT going to believe it...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie and.....

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
You had a great day with your Mom and your Grandpa!
I hope you enjoyed that presentation. I love those pictures with your Mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

River said...

My mom loves Shakespeare anywhere but esp. outside. Are you wearing a Big Orange harness? Looks like something a Tennessee (UT) fan would wear. If it's so hot how come you got cold??

love & wags,
River

Chef said...

Velcro! What fun to go to a park by the sea, Shakespeare or not (Mama loves Shakespeare - I don't know who that is) but it looks like you had a great time.

You're sure lucky you can run in the heat. Boxers like me get heatstroke so easily because of our squashed up muzzles and short coats and we'll cavort til we collapse! So we're really careful what kind of weather I can go out in. Love your pictures. You always have such interesting ones.

xox
Chef

Mack said...

I think that was just about the most perfect day!!

We never have anything fun like that where I live.

And your mom works on TV shows? How cool!!

Thor said...

Velcro
Sounds like you had so much fun with your mom and your grandpa! Did you like to watch Shakespeare??
Lovely pictures with your mom!

woofs
Thor

Gus and Louie said...

You may have to learn to share your Mom.. You would have great fun with a friend to play jolly ball with..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Hero said...

Hey, Velcro. That's so cool that you got to go with your mom and grandpa. That's too bad that you don't get to see many Heelers like yourself. Let me know if you see any Field Spaniels, because I have yet to meet anyone that looks just like me.

Pacco de Mongrel said...

that's awesome to be able to watch shakespeare by the sea! how romantic is that....