Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep....

Sunday is sheep day for me! I was supposed to go yesterday to the Dam with the Border Collies, but it was canceled due to the extreme heat here in California. So I went to my normal herding place today. And it was a good day. mom and I started by moving and separating the sheep from the open field to the pen. Mom was calling my flanks and I was working the sheep and moving them to mom so she could put some away. Once we had about 5 sheep, we went out into the open field and mom and I worked on our outruns-once again mom was very happy!!! Our trainer, terry, says our outruns look really good! Once we get the remaining two legs of our Started title (hopefully at the trial in July) we'll be starting to work on driving!! Terry, mom's trainer, says my flanks look pretty good but we'll be working on driving next. It was a good herding day! I got to jump in the cool water in the shade twice and mom hosed me down-I immediately went to roll in the dirt!!!

BubbleShare .

6 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Looks like you had a great day with the sheeps! You are doing a great job!
Your mom must be very proud of you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Velcro

Top job matey :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow. It looks VERY hot there. You were smart to hide out under the car. The sheep must feel the heat too, right? Or are they shorn all summer?

River said...

Hi Velcro,
My mom & I are learning so much about sheepherding from reading your blog and Gus & Louie's. We never knew they did this sort of thing that's just like agility trials. Sounds like you're doing a great job, even in the terrible heat.

love & wags,
River

Thor said...

Velcro
Sounds like you had a great herding day! Good job!

Thor

Maggie & Mitch said...

It sounds like you had a great day, Velcro! Did you have to have a bath when you got home?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch