Sunday, June 1, 2008

A sunday at home with mom and her human son

Yes it was a fun-filled sunday! Mom got up pretty early today-her phone blipped with a text message-she checked it and then turned on the tv. It seems a fire had brocken out on the Universal backlot. Mom has worked on that lot alot, and her brother is shooting a movie on the lot right now. Everyone was ok and now mom was up. I tried to get her out of bed by flinging tennis balls at her....but she wouldn't budge. But when mom took me out for a trip it was to go herding!!! Woo Hoo! I was pretty good except for my initial outrun. On the first outrun mom says I do strafing runs at the sheep-after the first one I calm down and stay wide! So mom was told by our trainer that i need to nip that behavior in the bud-fast! Especially since I have a herding trial in a month!!

BubbleShare -


Later on in the evening mom and her human child took me for a run at White Point nature preserve! It was fun-I chased after the human...but kept my eye on mom! We ran 3.03 miles per moms garmin! It got dark while we were running but I didn't see any
bunnies! BOO!

BubbleShare -

8 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Velcro

I like nipping at buds too, but HH get's annoyed when there aren't any flowers left on the tree!!

Bad luck there wasn't any bunnies on your run - you could have got some extra herding practice in with them ...

Cheers

Charlie

Maggie & Mitch said...

How cool that you had a hooman pup join you for your run, Velcro! Your mom takes the best pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sparky said...

Velcro!

Looks like you had a GRRRReat weekend, my friend... Herding sheep and going for another run, that must have been fun!

Sparky

Gus and Louie said...

He is certainly handsome for a human. I guess we never knew that Mom had a son.. Where does he stay? How old is he?
Anyway thanks for all your input on herding. I need to work on that chasing stuff.. I think I told you that I burnt dads hands raw from the lead trying to get those sheep.. Louie on the other hand was really calm as if not even noticing the sheep but he was indeed watching them.. So do you keep a journal?


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Gus and Louie said...

He is certainly handsome for a human. I guess we never knew that Mom had a son.. Where does he stay? How old is he?
Anyway thanks for all your input on herding. I need to work on that chasing stuff.. I think I told you that I burnt dads hands raw from the lead trying to get those sheep.. Louie on the other hand was really calm as if not even noticing the sheep but he was indeed watching them.. So do you keep a journal?


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Chef said...

There's a lot more to herding than I thought, Velcro. You seem to do it very well. Maybe one day you can explain what a herding dog does on your blog. I'd love to read about it. Glad you had a great weekend herding and running with your humans. Your pix are great!

xox
Chef

Lorenza said...

Sure it was nice to go out with your mom and human pup!
No bunnies? Maybe next time!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chris & Mackenzie said...

Wow! I've never seen a sheep before...not sure I'd know what to do with one let along a gaggle of them!

Wags - Mackenzie