Sunday, July 13, 2008

Herding and ice cream and running oh my!


Mom and I went for our herding training today at noon-it was pretty hot! Iw as in charge of swapping out the sheep today! I took the sheep that had been working during the morning and put them in the pen, then I took the sheep, that were in the goat pen, and moved them into the open field and then I got to work with them! My outruns look good and mom and I are beginning to work on driving!! I was hot after working so I jumped into the water pool, and mom soaked me with a hose! Of course after that I had to roll in the dirt!! It was great fun!

While we were driving home, mom decided we needed a special treat since it was hot! We stopped by Port Town gelato and she and I got an ice cream! The owner is a dog person-she used to have 16 acres of land and was a boxer breeder but now she's just a dog lover! Port Town Gelato has a dog water bowl outside and thought it was wonderful that mom was getting me an ice cream! She softened it up and tried to take the chill out of it and put it in a special dish just for me!! Mom and I sat outside and ate our ice cream! What a special treat!!

We came home and took a nap! It was hot! When mom woke up, she said we were going for a run! The sun was setting and it was cool and a bit windy. I was wondering where we'd go for a run...I hoped it would be the bunny place and I was right! We went for a 5 mile bunny run! It was the perfect bunny hour-sunset and I saw lots of bunnies and lots of other dogs out for runs with their mommies!

I had a wonderful sunday with my mom!
BubbleShare

7 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

Wow you've had a great day! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Maggie & Mitch said...

You TOTALLY deserved that ice cream, Velcro! Great job on the herding!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Petey said...

Hi Velcro!

Thanks for visiting me and sending good wishes. Mommy's still not feeling too great, but I'm getting lots of sympathy walks with my friends. Looks like you had a super weekend. Lots of fun!

Your pal,

Petey

River said...

You sure do look hot! And I also mean temperature-wise. That sheep stuff sounds so interesting. I'm sure I could chase them--herding, no, not a beagle thing. The bunny run!! Wow, I'd really LOVE that. You guys are tough to go out in the heat. We're hibernating until the humidity goes down.

love & wags,
River

Hero said...

It seems as if everyone on dogs with blogs is having ice cream! I definitely need to share this information with my mom so that I won't be out of the loop any more.

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof, Velcro

Is it work or is it fun? It looks kinda like fun to us.


Desert Pups
Scuba, Keiko, Norman and Toby at Life inside the fence

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
You had a great day!
A very good job on the herding!
A nice hose bath!
A nice roach to get dirty!
Ice cream!
Another run with your mom!
I got tired just reading about all your activities!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza