Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sheep Camp!

Mom woke up late this morning, 9am. She's tired from working!! But I cut her some slack today because she had told me that we were going somewhere special! And at 12 noon we left and got in the car....we drove to Escondido for SHEEP CAMP! 5 hours of sheep, sheep and more sheep!!! I worked alot on my flanks today! My awee's and go by's and my walk ups. My walk ups aren't great-mom says I might be afraid of the sheep, so when sheep needed to be changed in the small arena, mom and I went in to change sheep. She told me to "get them" and I went after them-I nipped a few of the sheep on their heels-it was fun!! Then I'd work in the arena and we'd change sheep again! When we left Escondido to drive back to LA it was almost 7pm and I slept the entire way back!!


10 comments:

Chef said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I hope the sheep don't nip you back, Velcro.

xoxo
Chef

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Velcro,
Dont worry you'll get there with your 'walk ups' soon. Good luck.

tailwags
Noah xx

chasingsquirrelswithrusty said...

Please tell your mom happy birthday for me! I like your slide shows, I can see you are having a lot of fun with all those sheep and at Sheep Camp and at Panavision, wow! I know that you will get the hang of those "walk ups".

At moms school 'walk ups' are the people who walk up to the building to get their kiddos after school. :)

River said...

You are looking so good working the sheep! You will do fine with walk ups--practice is all you need.

love & wags,
River

Maggie and Mitch said...

You look like you're doing one heck of a job with those sheep, Velcro! Nice work!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Sheep camp sounds like a lot of fun. I bet you slept all the way home after 5 hours.. We were only at the lake for an hour and a half and we have been sleeping all day too..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Kathryn and Ari said...

What a great day, Velcro! We loved looking at the photos--and of the ones of you at work, too.

Happy birthday to your Mom. We're glad that there are joyful things happening on September 11th.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
I know that those 5 hours of sheep were like heaven for you!
Glad you had a great day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Charlie Daniels said...

I bet you had the bestest dreams while you were asleep after spending 5 hours with the sheep :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Hero said...

What a fun and exciting day! Isn't it the greatest when us dogs get to do what we were born and bred for? I'm sure you'll master those walk ups soon enough. Just keep practicing.