Sunday, December 21, 2008

We made it to Conway Arkansas...











































Mom drove and drove and drove today!!! We started off in Tucumcari, NM and left super early this morning! It was COLD!!! Mom went to Denny's for breakfast and gave me her bacon and sausage...it was yummy!!! We got diesel and then continued thru Amarillo into Oklahoma. We stopped at the Oklahoma Welcome center for one reason...they had a DOG PARK!!! It was awesome!!! They had a small dog park and a large dog park! Mom took me into the large dog park and threw the tennis ball to me. I had the place all to my self and had a great time! So if any of you doggies are travelinh east on I-40 heading into Oklahoma, you have to stop at the Welcome Center and check out their dog park!! Mom wants to tell everyone!!

After I played at the dog park, we were on our way again. Mom was going to have lunch in Oklahoma City with a friend. It ended up being a late lunch and I got to go out for a walk! We stopped at lake Hefner, north of Oklahoma City. Mom and I walked around-she took pictures and then she ate lunch. It was cold in Oklahoma City, mom said it was slightly warmer than Amarillo -she said Amarillo was bitterly cold...didn't she say that about Tucumcari??? Hmm I'm seeing a pattern here mom.

Now we're in Conway, Ark, our last stop before getting to my nanny and grandpa's house in Nashville. Mom really wanted to make it in 3 days but I guess 3 1/2 days isn't too bad...

Mom said once we get to a solid internet connection, she'll let me visit all my friends. We have limited internet here.

8 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Too cool Velcro! You found a dog park on your trip!

Be careful and we hope you get there soon!

Kisses
Addie

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

It sounds like you are having a great trip. We have never been to that dog park. We always enter Oklahoma up I35. Tell grandma and grandpa hi for us. Give them a big hug. You are going to have an awesome Xmas...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Hope your travels are still going well with all the crummy weather!

Maggie and Mitch said...

What fun adventures you and your mom are having, Velcro!
We are so glad to hear that you had bacon and sausage for breakie! yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

River said...

I hope you have a safe trip home too. It's cold but not snowy in our area so you should be able to get in some good tennis ball tossing while visiting. My mom takes off tomorrow for her family reunion in Virginia. It's a 10 hour drive. We doggies have to stay home though. Our petsitter is my mom's best friend--she gives us lots of treats. Don't tell my mom!! Have a Merry Christmas!

love & wags,
River

George the Pup said...

Wow Velcro - I didn't know that you were gonna drive so far! What an adventure, and that dog park is pawesome! Did all the kitties go with you or just Blosom? My Mommy says that your Mommy is fury brave to travel with all of you :-)

Be safe dear friends!

DEBI and NORWOOD said...

Wow Velcro! How fun to find a dog park during your trip and then get Denny's. Norwood is originally from Memphis, TN.. although mom has never been there. You are almost there.. You are almost there....

Poppy Q said...

Velcro you and the kitties and your mom on a road trip (or is it just blossom?). Anyways it looks like fun. Have a safe trip and a lovely christmas with your family.