Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ocean Trails with Mom

Mom took me for a trail run at ocean trails this morning. But I didn't see any bunnies!!! Mom thinks it was a bit too late-we didn't get started until about 9:30am. But there were loads of other doggies out this morning! They were all very nice to me when we met on the path!

Halfway thru our run we got to the beach! And guess what i found? A TENNIS BALL!!! I was so excited! mom threw it to me a bunch of times and then three doggies came down the hill and wanted to play with my ball-I'm not very good at sharing a tennis ball-so mom and I decided it was time to finish our run, since it was getting warmer and warmer. Good thing-because we really noticed the warm weather on the return to the car. Good thing I've learned how to drink out of Mom's water bottle-she always shares her water with me!!

We ran 4 miles today and then I came home to my yummy breakfast and am now going to take a nap!!

11 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Sure you had a great time with your Mom!
Sorry you did not see bunnies there!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hi Velcro
That sounds like the perfect day.. a nice run, ocean trail walk and finding a ball! You are one lucky heeler!

Norwood

Josie said...

Hi, Looks like a FUN run! Makes me long for summer and days at the beach! Love, Josie, Australian Cattle Dog in Duluth, MN

Pacco de Mongrel said...

that was a great location... n how lucky are u to found a tennis BALL!

Maggie and Mitch said...

How cool to find a ball! It was definitely left there just for you, Velcro - we're sure of it!
How nice that your mom shares her water with you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow you were out early..
How dare those other dogs try to play with YOUR ball..
I did really good at herding yesterday.. Everyone was so proud of me...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Cole Crew said...

What luck you stumbled onto a tennis ball, what a find. It looked like a perfect day.

TinaGirl said...

Hey Velcro, I've got a new home now that my mommy RESCUED me from our pound. I'm some sort of Aussie and a bunch of other stuff but mom says I'm the perfect part of every dog, thats why God gave them Mutts to play with. Anyhow mom is training for a half marathon in Chico called the Shamrock'n the weekend before her birthday in March. She's so excited she might even take me for her long run next week! Glad you are home safe and sound from your whirl wind trip during the holidays.

Deefor said...

Hi Velcro
I was just catching up on all your adventures. It looks so nice and warm where you are. Great pictures.

Deefor

Thor said...

What a beautiful day you had with your Mom, Velcro! I love your pictures! You both look so happy!
And you got a tennis ball! How lucky!
I received your card today! It´s beautiful! Thank you! =D

Love,
Thor

pet urine odor said...

You're lucky to live where you do! I would love to see the beach.