Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ocean Trails with Mom



Mom took me to Ocean trails this morning. I think it was a bit too late and hot for bunnies, but I met lots of doggie friends today! As we were running up the hill, I met my friend Alec-he was with his mommy coming back from a hike. I met a few other doggies along the path toward the beach. Once we started nearing the beach, I started going faster and faster.....and then we headed down the hill. I stopped suddenly, mom was wondering what I was doing, I headed straight toward a grassy area and BAM found a Tennis Ball! Boy do I have the nose to find Tennis Balls. Mom thinks I have a magnet in my nose or something...mom...come on...it's windy and Tennis Balls give off a distinctive smell and I didn't get a wiff of the smell until I had passed it already!

We got to the beach and Mom threw the ball to me. A doggie came and stole my ball, briefly, but his daddy threw it back to me. So mom threw it again! I started getting hot and tired and found a nice cool, wet place where the waves come...but I don't lay down in the water....just the wet sand!

Mom and I contined our run. We ran up hills and met more doggies, beasley was really nice. She was a cocker spaniel. And beasley's mom and my mom were talking for a bit so we got to sniff butts!!

We finally made it to the car. Mom had given me water all along the run, she wears a fuel belt that carries water bottles and she shares water with me! I'm really a lucky dog!!

We stopped at a place called the Corner Store and mom went in toget yummy food and ice cream. She let me lick the ice cream-but then she gobbled it down and we drove home!

We had a fun morning. Running 6 miles and playing at the beach and meeting lots of doggies! I hope everyone else has a great sunday!!!

10 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
I knew you were going to have a fun sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time this am. Boy ice cream sure sounds yummy..
We have lost all our balls in the backyard. The leaves must have eaten them. Callie did manage to find 1/2 of one..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

apple + chelsea said...

velcro,
sounds like you's has fun!!!
you's should teach me how to be good sniff sniff!!

<3 Apple

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello velcro its dennis the vizsla dog hay that sownds like a gud day indeed!!! ok bye

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hi Velcro

That is quite the magnetic sniffer. I think after a 6 mile run, a romp on the beach followed by ice cream is well deserved. We love your photos from the trail. What a nice place to run.

Norwood

River said...

What a great Sunday you had! If you could siphon off about 10 degrees of heat and send it over here we'd appreciate it! kthx

River

Maggie and Mitch said...

You had a super Sunday, Velcro! Finding a ball and meeting new friends and ICE CREAM! It doesn't get much better than that!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Kathryn and Ari said...

Velcro, that sounds like our dream of a perfect day: a good run, dog friends, wet sand, and ice cream. What more could a dog want?

We're sorry to hear you're no fan of snow. But we think maybe we could convert you if you spent some time here (though probably not with weather like last week, when our thermometer actually dropped to -34F. Can you believe it?)

Clover said...

Hi Velcro! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom! Those are some great pictures. Thanks for stopping by my blog (at Christmas time - my blog helper is sloooowwwww), I hope we can be friends!
Love Clover xo

Jacque said...

Hey Velcro! My mom and I just found your blog, and we're super excited about it. I'm a blue ACD, 1.5 yrs, also rescued! Mom is going to start training for her first half-marathon in February. Right now we run about 3 miles, every other day. I LOVE LOVE it, like any good cattle dog would, so I begged her to let me train with her. That's how we found your blog - Mom was searching for info on training with dogs - anything I need to worry about, like sore paw pads, or too much distance? I think I can handle anything, but Mom wants to make sure. We'd love any and all tips!