Friday, January 2, 2009

We made it to Holbrook Arizona from Oklahoma City...






Mom drove a long way today! We did make lots of stops on our drive! We went to the Petsmart in Amarillo Texas-the smells in there were awesome! Then we continued driving. We stopped at the New Mexico Welcome Center. They didn't have a dog park like the wonderful east bound I-40 Welcome Center. They did have an enclosed area for dogs that mom took me to-but I immediately got stickeries on my paws-I raced to mom to have her take them off, but then I didn't want to play in there anymore! So we got back in the car and drove more. I was primarily in the front seat but started going into the cat area in the back because Mom's duvet was back there and it's comfy!!! So what did those silly cats do-they started coming up to the front. Mom caught me and Blossom sleeping in the front seat together!

We finally made it to Arizona. Mom had wanted to make Flagstaff, but we stopped in Holbrook instead-it's on Historic Route 66. And mom and I went for a walk on Route 66-and she took my picture!! Route 66 has a really neat sign!!!

I must go to bed now-actually Mom is going to bed! I promise I'll come by and visit everyone when I get home tomorrow!!

8 comments:

The FOUR Musketeers said...

Yipee ! You made it there safely ! Now have fun !!!

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Velcro, did you get your kicks on Route 66? lol
I guess you still have a way to go before you reach home. Safe travels.

tailwags
Noah

Maggie and Mitch said...

The back seat does look pretty cushy and comfy, Velcro! You sure are having the neatest adventures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

MONA AND THE MOMMY! said...

Hi Velco,

You are having a long ride. You and Blossom look so comfortable snuggling together. Since I hate to ride in the car, I have to sit on The Mommy's left leg the whole time. The Moomy said thank goodness we never go more than 3 hours away from home and for cruse controll.

Will you be home today?

Love Mona & the Mommy too!!

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello velcro its dennis the vizsla dog hay i hav herd as noah sugjests that yoo can git yore kiks on root sixtysix so i wood keep an eye owt for randomly swinging feets if i were yoo ok bye

River said...

That's cool--the real rt 66! It's so nice that you and the cats get to travel with your mom. It sounds like you all had so much fun (except for the stickeries)

love & wags,
River

Pacco de Mongrel said...

happy new year, velcro...

have a great journey and fun time

Margaret Cloud said...

Velcro you look like you behave really good on trips, nice photos. Someday I would like to drive on Route 66.