Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep



Sheep!!!! I got to go sheep herding today!!! Mom drove up to grandpa's house and we picked him up and continued our drive up to Phelan, CA to Trails End. Mom and I spent about an hour and a half herding. We practiced my outruns and fetch, my inside flanks and driving! Mom has decided that our next trial will be at the Australian Cattle Dog Trial in Escondido in April. We'll be attempting Intermediate for the first time!! At the end of our lesson today, we went into the big field to practice my outruns again. Mom and Steve are trying to get me wider...don't they know that that is difficult because I'm a cattle dog??? But Mom was THRILLED!! I had great outruns in the open field and got really wide!!! We had a wonderful time today!! Thanks Steve and Julie for a wonderful day of sheep!!

16 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Thanks for sharing those pictures!
Glad you did it so well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Good stuff Velcro. Bet you do really well in April. We'll be keeping our paws crossed for you.

Pics are great too.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

WOW! We are IMPRESSED, Velcro!!!

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

I am speechless at your talents! Your mom sure made it up to you this week and he gave her a nice return with wide outruns. Intermediate level now? Whew! I can't wait to hear how well you do at the trials.

Norwood

River said...

I bet you will get intermediate in April! You look good taking care of those sheep. We like looking at you doing your job!

love & wags,
River

Thor said...

You look so good with those sheep! I am so happy for you!
I bet you will do very well in April! Great pictures!

Love,
Thor

uought2b.a.dog said...

Great job! I know you will do well in April...show them all how it is done! kisses, Shamu and Prissy

Amber-Mae said...

Sounds like you're really good at this herding thing. I wish I could herd too...

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Great post.

I found your blog through BlogCatalog. Feel free to come by mine and leave a comment! Would you be interested in linking sites?

DogsDeserveFreedom

Honey the Great Dane said...

Hi Velcro and family,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the lovely message about Lemon and Hsin-Yi's father.

I'm so happy to discover your blog and make new friends!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh Velcro you are a real pro. We are still just trying to pass the PT course. dad said that we have to slow down on the herding until he get a job again. We sure hope he gets a new job soon.

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Wow, Velcro! Look at yoo go!! Gud job wif all da wooleez!!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Mister said...

Thank you for such woolly, fuzzy, sheepy pictures! I'm Lamb, a sheep myself. I remember being chased by a dog once. (Or was it a wolf?) Ah, the good ol' days.

Keep up the wonderful blog!

Ciao,
Lamb

Margaret Cloud said...

I am glad you did good today, I know you will do good in April.

Kathryn and Ari said...

Velcro,
You look FANTASTIC in those photos! Way to go out there.

PS- The sheep in our neighborhood had their lambs this weekend. You'd love these cuddly little ba-ba-baby black sheeps. Too cute!

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Good work! We hope you do well in April!