Sunday, March 29, 2009

CATTLE!



I got to herd sheep and cattle yesterday! Mom got home from work at 2:30am and woke up at 7am so we could make it to Phelan to herd sheep. When we got there we noticed the Cattle in the small pen. First up, Mom and Steve took me in on my leash to see what I would do with the sheep. I showed alot of interest in the cattle. i was lunging at them and barking at them.

When we came out of the cattle pen, I went into the big field to work my sheep. We worked on outruns, inside flanks and driving....then I got to go back into the round pen with the cattle. This time I was on a longer line and I was able to nip the heels of the cattle! I think mom had a really good time!!! My traineSteve, thought I was a really good cattle dog!!! I loved it!

10 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

You sure had a soooper fun time eh? You nipped the sheep's heel? Ouch!

Belly jiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

Impressive, IMPRESSIVE, Velcro!!!

We tagged your Mom for a meme. Please check it out on our blog.

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Woo hoo, Velcro! Did da sheep bite woo back? Dat's what happenz when I bite Waldo.

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Hero said...

Great job, Velcro! You should come to my island and teach the cows over here a lesson. They always moo at me on my walks and walk onto the roads and cause traffic jams.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We knew you would be great with cattle.. Hey we are Cattle Dogs!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Lorenza said...

Glad you had a pawesome time Velcro!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hero said...

Whenever you get the chance stop by my blog so you can pick up an award I've passed onto you!

River said...

Of course you are a good cattle dog! Glad you and your mom had a lot of fun.

love & wags,
River

Kathryn and Ari said...

Velcro,
We're so proud of you. Is there anything you can't do?!?
K&A

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Velcro!
Wow-cattle now! Not sure what I would do!
You are pawsome. You and HH3s were herding! Way to go heeler crew

Norwood