Sunday, April 19, 2009

ACDCGLA sheep herding trial in Escondido, Ca

It was HOT! Mom and I got up at 430am this morning so we could be in Escondido by 7am. They were starting with All Breed Advanced and then we'd be in the Intermediate runs. We watched the advanced-some were real good, some retired...then it was time for Intermediate-we had our handlers meeting and then lucky us-we were first up in our first ever Intermediate run. Mom set me down at the advanced cone and then she walked to the intermediate handlers cone and sent me on my outrun. It wasn't bad-wasn't good but wasn't bad. I brought the sheep up to mom who was walking to the advancesd handlers cone (1hich is where she would stop and I would have to drive the sheep)..mom and I turned the sheep around the cone towards the "Y" chute and bam the sheep ran back to the gate....mom sent me to go get them but I was a little confused on what she wanted and there were awesome smells! I left peemail! Mom wasn't happy about that because we get points deducted for "fouling"...mom called our run because We couldn't bring the sheep back up!

Oh well-no qualifying run for our first time out!

Run #2 was the ACD only run. We were running against my trainer and once again we were first out again! This time my outrun was bad!! I busted thru the sheep and they wouldn't leave the fence line. I finally brought the sheep to mom and we made it around the cone and mom stayed there! I got the stupid sheep to the "Y" chute and they were halfway thru it when they turned around and made a mad dash to the gate-and I couldn't bring them back because mom had to stay at that silly cone!! So mom called the run again! But I put the sheep away and then we left the arena!

We had fun though!! Mom realized we need to work on driving a lot more and relding my confidence away from mom!!! Mom says it will just take time and she doesn't mind taking the time so we can work on it!! I think my mom likes me!!

Mom said she'll post pictures tomorrow since she's in bed already posting from her Blackberry!! It's not like it was hot today or anything!! It was only about 94 degrees out!! Mom shouldn't be exhausted from that!!

Good night! Woof!

-Velcro

4 comments:

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Velcro
Wow it sounds so complicated. It was your first time as intermediate. It'll get better. You and mom work hard at it all the time. I can't wait to see the pics.

Norwood

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

It sounds like a lot of really hard work, Velcro! We're sure you'll be an expert at those sheep in no time!

Your Friends,
Tommy and The Girls

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

Keep practicing. I know you can do it perfectly. I don't know how you do it though! When I chase the goats I never hear anything Mommy tells me! I don't think I could concentrate if I had a bunch of sheep to chase. Glad you had fun and eagerly await the pictures.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Whew, you're lucky you weren't in Escondido on Monday -- it must have been like 110 degrees! Anyway, it's not your fault sheep are so dumb!