Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pictures from my Barkday and my busy weekend activities..

I realized I hadn't blogged since my Barkday so I'll start there!
I had a GREAT Barkday!


I wish mom had been able to spend it with me..but I had the next best thing-my petsitter who showered me with gifts! She made a card for mom and I and took lots of pictures of me with my gifts! I got a pink t-shirt, doesn't it look cute on me? I also got a squeaky toy barkday cake, which Blossom wanted to play with as well! Then yummy doggie bakery cookies and yummy freeze-dried meat treats!

I LOVE the bakery cookies! I gobble them right up! Mom got to see all my barkday gifts when she got home from work!

On friday mom went to work real late, 1:30pm, so she took me for a run and then I got to go in the car with her to work! We stopped right before she got to paramount and I got a BIG surprise-my Grandpa was there!! I was going to doggie daycare with Grandpa for the night! I stayed the night with Grandpa, he hand fed me yummy food, and then on saturday morning we drove down to mom's house! (I think mom missed me ALOT!)

Today, mom and I drove up to Phelan to herd sheep! We worked on the Intermediate Course A course....our first try was a disaster but mom and I started to get the hang of it...I was driving the sheep while mom was standing at the handlers post. It's a big difference for us-a big jump from Started but we ended on a decent note and Mom and I are feeling a little better about the Intermediate level. We've entered the Australian Cattle Dog Club of Greater Los Angeles herding trials on April 18-19 so we only have another weekend to work on everything!!!

Now we're home and I think we're going out to get some dinner for me for the week! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

woof!

Velcro

13 comments:

Raising Addie said...

What a wonderful barkday you had Velcro!!!

LOVE the plush cake! And you had yummy bakery cookies! You are soooo lucky!!

Good Job on your herding! Sounds like you are going to be an expert in no time at all!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie and Lucie

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Velcro

Thank you so much for the herding information. Mom was just looking at it and checking out the locations. There's a couple beginner clinics this month in CT and NH-just need to see how far.

I LOVE your barkday cake toy and t-shirt. It sounds like you had a great day and mom sure takes good care of you. Good luck next weekend. I know you will do great.

Thanks again and sloppie kisses.
Norwood

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
You got very nice presents for your birthday!
Your t-shirt is pawesome! And you got the cake!
Glad you had a week full of great activities!
Kises and hugs
Lorenza

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your stuffie birthday cake is just too cute, Velcro! It sounds like you had the best barkday ever!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

Those are great photos, Velcro! We're so glad you enjoyed your Barkday, and are making good progress with the sheep!

Your Friends,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh what a wonderful Barkday you had. Now we wouldn't recommend you wear that shirt herding. You might ruin our heeler image!!
Norwood told us that your mom sent him some stuff about herding. We sure hope he can join in the fun. Dad and Gus are herding tame sheep today can't wait till they get home and tell us how it went...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Hero said...

What an amazing barkday you had! You look beautiful in your birthday t-shirt. Great job on your herding! I'm sure you'll do fantastic once it's time for the herding trials.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Dad said I did really well herding those new sheep. she were fetching sheep. Dad said if he wasn't careful they would run him right over.. I made dad proud holding them while dad opened the gate and I did my walkup and brought them out..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh Velcro...I love your pink T-shirt!! And wow - so many great treats for birthday...

And oh my goodness, you know how to herd sheep? How clever!!! Please podt some photos of you doing that - I would love to see you in action!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Margaret Cloud said...

Velcro, Happy Birthday and you got wonderful gifts, every one seems to love you a lot. I have never seen you in person but I love you, what a very pretty dog.

Margaret Cloud said...

That is a wonderful picture of you and your mom, hope you two have a nice Easter.

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Wahoo!! Looks like a pawsome birfday!! We iz glad dat woo had a grrreat day!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Tee said...

Hello Velcro!

You're a very handsome dog! Happy Belated Barkday ... and many many many happy returns of the day!

Licks and Wags

Tuffy of Dog Woods