Sunday, May 3, 2009

8 mile trail run with mom

Mom woke up super early today, 5:30am. I knew something was up! And I was right. She fed the cats and got her running stuff on and put my harness on-I knew we were going somewhere!! We ended driving north into brentwood to try a new running trail. It's called Sullivan Canyon. We started off down the hill and headed into the canyon. Lots of new smells and mountain bikes. I've never really been around mountain bikes so mom and I would stop and let them pass. Did I say there were lots of smells. And funny poop on the trails-the poop had alot of berries in it!! It was a shady trail but warm-luckily mom had water with us!

When we got back to the car, mom and I drove to grandpa's house. We picked him up and he came home with us!! I love my grandpa!!

It was a fun day! I slept on the drive home and then took a nice nap when I got home!!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

woof!

-Velcro

12 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
You and your mom ran 8 miles???
OMD! Sounds a lot!
berry-poop?? Haaaa! Sure it was a funny sight!
Glad you had a great time with your grandpa too!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

Poop with berries is Stumpy's FAV!!! Well, if it's deer or bird poop with berries. She doesn't seem to be fond of the carnivore/omnivore (coyote, racoon) poop with berries.

Kasha said...

8 miles is amazing! Perhaps you can tell me how to teach Africa to run properly with me. Perhaps it is a puppy thing, but she walks perfectly until I try to run. She then tries to bit my legs like we are playing so I just stop. What a great dog!
http://trainingboerboels.blogspot.com/

Anita said...

Hi Velcro! You had fun, I'm sure! Moms are the best, aren't they? I love your blog! May I add it to my blogroll?
Kisses from Rufus and Indie

Maggie and Mitch said...

Eight miles is quite a run! Good for you and your mom, Velcro! You should be proud of yourselves!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow what a wonderful surprise.
Did you manage to find any bunnies up there??

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

That looks like a great trail, and great shared experience with your Mom!

Your Friends,
Tommy and The Girls

The FOUR Musketeers said...

WOW ! You & your mom is GREAT ! I don't think I can run that much ! BOL !!!

Lots of Drool,
Four Musketeers

Hero said...

I've never rolled around in berry poo before! I'll have to add that to my to do list. You and your mom are so lucky to have such great trails to run and explore. My island is too small for any trail to be 8 miles, but I'm hoping that one day I can go for a run or hike as long as you and your mom do.

Life With Dogs said...

I'd sleep a week after an eight mile run! Did you listen to the Eight Mile soundtrack on your iPod? ;)

Margaret Cloud said...

I bet you did have a good time, out on the trail. Your mum must of felt better.

Chef said...

Eight miles? I'm tired just thinking about it. I'd have had to stop for a nap after a miles! You two must be in incredible shape.

xo
Chef