Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sheep Sunday!!!






Mom and I didn't do too much yesterday! Mom got home from work at 4am-so mom kinda vegged! But today..it was all me day! Mom and I went running at Ocean Trails! There were tons of bunnies out this morning! And my friends, Alec and Fleet! We ran 4 miles and then we left to go sheep herding!

We had a 1030am training session with the sheep! We were the only ones there today! So we really worked on driving today! Mom had me go down to the end of the arena, away from her, and bring the sheep back! That was were we had trouble during our intermediate trials! At the end of the session, my trainer, Steve, went into the big field and brought the cows out!!! Mom and I got to go in with the cattle!! They are bigger than sheep! And they move differently than sheep! But I got in there a couple of times!! We spent 2 1/2 hours with the sheep and cows! I was so pooped afterwards! I slept the entire way home! It was a pawsome sunday!!!

7 comments:

Bruce said...

Wow, that's so cool Velcro! Great job herding those cows!!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

What an awesome day, Velcro!!! And a good job, too!!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a BLAST!! I can tell by the smile on your face that you know what a great job you did. Thanks for sharing the great pics!! Love, Josie, the
ACD in Duluth, MN

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

Those are some great pics, Velcro! We are so impressed!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We have never herded Cattle.. Lori has gotten some ducks that kind of distracted Louie on his run. He ran over to the fence when he spotted them and ran back to Mom as to say. "Look Mom, come see!"
Our trainers name is Lori Bowles. She has Sierra's Retreat or that is what she calls her herding page.. She lives in Colleyville Texas. Perhaps Steve does know her.. She goes to all the herding camps..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
All the sheeps and cows for you!
sure it was pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Velcro
That is so cool... You are amazing. I just herded my soccer ball.. I think you need a bandana for your photos! Doesn't mom have a TN one for you?

Way to go! You are one awesome heeler!
Norwood