Monday, August 3, 2009

My weekend with mom....

I had a wonderful weekend with mom! Mom and I slept in late on friday and saturday morning! I let mom sleep a bit since she's been super tired!!!

Saturday, mom and I ran down to the harbor. They have dancing fountains down on the walkway-mom seems to like them but I hate them! They make noise! But i was with mom so all was ok! We had a nice run at sunset! Mom then came home and made a yummy veggie burger and fries. She gave me some fries-I don't eat veggie burgers!

Sunday, we woke up earlier than the past 2 mornings and we jumped into the car and drove and drove....when we drive an hour and a half, I usually figure we're heading to see my sheep-and we were! SHEEP!!!!!

We spent 2 hours sheep herding! it was sunny and hot in the desert! I was searching for shade along the fence lines-mom laughed, but it was hot on my paws! Mom and my trainer, Steve, said I did a great job today! My outruns were pretty good and wide-even the first one out. Normally my first outrun of training is a strafing run as mom calls it! But not today! Mom was also very proud of my ability to bring the sheep back when they escaped to the end of the arena! normally, I don't like to leave mom's side-but I'm getting better and better at moving away from mom and picking up my sheep when they are at the other end of the arena!! That's what has happened in past Intermediate runs when we were at the trials.

We came home and rested! Then as it got later,mom got her running stuff on and we jumped in the car around sunset! We were heading to Ocean Trails! That means BUNNIES!! BUNNIES!!!! I got to chase bunnies and we ran to the beach and I got to play with my tennis ball!!!

It was a great weekend with mom! Mom is off today-maybe we'll go for a run later....maybe playtime at the park with my Jolly Ball?? Mom works tues, wed and thursday and then I have her to myself again!!!

6 comments:

Josie said...

Holy cow, Velcro...sounds like you had an awesome weekend with your Mum! Great pictures!!! I'm so proud of you for working the sheep so well. Super adorable pics of you and your Mum with your heads side-by-side...happy girls!! Love, Josie..the ACD in Duluth, MN

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Glad you had a pawesome weekend with your mom!
Fries?? Yummy!
I am sure you did it great with the sheeps!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bruce said...

Those beach shots are great Velcro! Glad you had such a good time with your Mom!
your pal,
Bruce:)

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

What an absolutely perfect weekend you had, Velcro!

Maggie and Mitch said...

You had a fabulous weekend with your mom, Velcro! We love all of those happy pictures!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Deefor said...

It looks like you took your mom for some good times last weekend. Humans are better when they get a lot of exercise. Really nice smiling pictures. Especially the beach.

Deefor