Monday, August 10, 2009

My weekend....

I love when mom is at home! We do lots of fun things together! Friday night, mom took me to the park to play with my Jolly Ball! I LOVE my jolly ball! I raced all over the field herding my ball! I met a few new doggie friends, a heeler/aussie shepherd mix and a border collie. they were there playing with their balls.

On saturday morning, mom and I went on a bunny run! A 5 mile bunny run! I met lots of doggies on this run and of course we ran to the beach so mom could throw a tennis ball for me! I love my bunny runs!! When we got home, Mom made a chicken specifically for me!! She's made baggies of chicken, carrots and potatos for my dinnerrs. I think mom is going to try to make more fresh dinners for me!!



Sunday was herding morning! Mom packed me into the car and we drove to Phelan. Our training session started at 10:30. It was hot and sunny but I stuck with it as long as my paws could stand. there isn't alot of shade in the desert! We were in the big field today-working on my outruns, fetch, lift and drives! We also worked on penning the ship in a small pen in the middle of the field. It was really taxing on moms brain! She had to really work hard at giving me the correct commands and watching and reading the sheep! She realized, after being told again, to watch the heads of the sheep-their heads tell mom which direction they might go. Silly mom!!



When we got home, mom and I both napped! We had been in the sun and heat for over 2 hours! I, of course, slept on the drive home!

When the sun started going down on sunday, mom put her running stuff on...hmmm, that can only mean a bunny run! And yes, that's where we went! Ocean Trails for another trail run! There are always lots of bunnies around sunset! So I had fun chasing them! I never seem to catch them though! Just like Mr Squirrel, the bunnies don't want to play with me either!!

2 comments:

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

What a perfect weekend you had, Velcro! Your mom, runs, beaches, herding! Does it get better than that?

I wish you could come over and play with me sometime!

Woofs,
Tommy

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Can't imagine what the problem is with the bunnies and the squirrels. Could it be your cologne?