Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Follies with Mr Squirrel

Mr Squirrel, I guess the fires haven't chased you out of your natural habitat(the trees) because I see you up there! You comment on my blog but when I come to the park to see you, you race away!

Norwood plays with Mr Frog....I thought I, Ms Velcro, could play with my pal, Mr Squirrel!

I've tried to climb trees! I get as far as putting my two front paws on the bark and I get no further! Bark hurts my paws and I don't get a lot of traction! So I can't play with you in the tree, you'll have to come down to the grassy area!

If not today, I'll be back another day! One day we'll meet face to face! I know my mom has taken pictures of you-you have come closer to her than me! Why is that?
Sent via Penny's BlackBerry

5 comments:

Mr. Squirrel said...

Dear Velcro, You are such a darling dog. Yes, I would like to play with you...but most of a squirrel's life is work, work, work. Build a nest, bring food to the family. teach the squirrelettes to find food, climb trees, WATCH OUT FOR PREDATORS, etc. I have virtually no time for play. You, being domesticated and all, have most of your needs met by a 2-legged. You have LOTS of time for play. Yes, I see your point that I need to lighten up and play alittle. Yes, dear Velcro, I will work on that. Wow, you have big pointy teeth! Respectfully, Mr. Squirrel P.S. Have a great weekend and tell me of your adventures when we meet again.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

I think Mr. Squirrel is one of those blog friends who doesn't really want to be friends IRL ...

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
I read Mr. Squirrel comment. Hmmmm... I guess he does not have a happy life! working... working... working... what is that??
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Velcro
I hope Mr Squirrel learns to chill out and play with you. Good luck.

tailwags
Noah

Mr. squirrel said...

Dearest Velcro, due to the negative/mean comments of some of the "dog" bloggers, I will not be commenting further. Crying now. I know that actual dogs would not be this heartless. Where is your sense of fun and whimsy PEOPLE? See you at the park my wondeful fellow 4-legged friend...Mr Squirrel