Sunday, October 25, 2009

My sheep herding Trial.....











hmmm....Intermediate Course A is hard!!! There were 5 doggies entered and only one qualified! One Border Collie won, another Border Collie was a NQ and then there were the 3 Retires....that would be me, a corgi and a border collie! Mom and I went into the arena-it was much bigger than I train on. She set me down at the Advanced handlers post and she walked up to the Intermediate handlers post and she sent me on my outrun, once the sheep got on the hay! Well, that was where it started and ended! Mom said "Get Out" and I did..and then mom started backing up toward the Advanced Post and i stopped! Mom was quite taken aback. I looked at mom...but I stopped. Mom said "get your sheep" so off I ran to do my straffing runs....I barked at them and they ran into the corner. mom tried again to get me on the sheep...but today it was not going to be!!! Mom told the judge "Thank you" and she recalled me......what no more sheep mom????? Oh well. mom said she loved me and gave me a hug afterwards! And Grandpa was giggling!

5 comments:

Bruce said...

Good try Velcro, maybe next time you'll show that judge what you can really do!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Yuu-Chan said...

We all love you, Velcro! There is always a next time!

#1

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

It is ok Velcro. You can be superdog everyday.. You will be back to your old self next time...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Noah the Airedale said...

Not to worry Velcro, you tried and that's the main thing. You'll always be better at sheep herding than us lol. Do corgi's herd sheep? Crikey.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Josie said...

Hi Velcro! Good for you for giving it a good try! It's all part of the learning curve. You'll nail it soon....intermediate sounds difficult!I like that part about Grampa giggling :> Love, Josie