Sunday, October 4, 2009

Run, Sheep and Run

Mom got home on thursday night and didn't go to work on friday! She was MINE!!! Mom was VERY tired on friday so we didn't do much-but when saturday came we were busy busy busy!!

We started off saturday with a run down to the harbor-we ran 4.32 miles....it was sunny and warm...I don't think mom was enjoying the sunny warm run! But we did it! As soon as we got home, mom showered and we jumped in the car!



We were going sheep herding!!! I got to see my sheep!!! It was so much fun! We trained for 2 hours. We weren't in the arena this time, we were in the open field. We were originally just going to work on my outruns in the open field, but then our trainer, Steve, decided I was getting more out of working in the open field. So we stayed! Mom was so happy and was giving me lots of praise!!! She was so excited!! She said I was such a good girl!! I of course love it when mom heaps praise on me and then when it's associated with sheep! it was a fun day!!



We got home and I was tired!!! Mom went out to watch some sort of football game and I stayed in and napped!!

Today, mom woke up at 5:30. That usually means mom is going to work-but not today! Mom took me!! We drove to pasadena and got out of the car at the Rose Bowl. There were all kinds of humans there with their dogs! Lots of doggies!!

This was the Race for the Rescues 5K to benefit The Rescue Train and a few other animal rescues. Mom and I raised $365 dollars in 4 days and we were running to support the homeless dogs and cats who don't have a home yet! there were alot of dogs there that needed a forever home!! Mom hopes that all of them were adopted today!!!



We ran our 3.13 miles around the Rose Bowl with over 900 people and dogs.....I drank water from mom's Amphipod running bottle-even though they had dog bowls at the aid stations....I'm a princess, I drink from mom' s water bottle! And we had a great time!!

Woof

Velcro

8 comments:

Josie said...

Oh Velcro, That sounds like an AWESOME weekend!!!!!! I am so happy that you got to do so many FUN things with your Mum this weekend.My Mum worked all weekend, but tomorrow we are going to the beach!!! Your blog is awesome! Love, Josie P.S. Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures!!

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

What a busy few days you have had, Velcro! And you were able to combine lots of fun with doing lots of good! Way to go, Velcro!!!

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Whew! I'm worn out just reading about your weekend!

Deefor said...

Good job Velcro! Nice that you did that run to help doggies and kitties. You must be really good with the sheep now. Lots of practice.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh ya sheep herding is so fun. Lori sent and email and one of her pups got lepto and almost died. She was pretty upset. Mom called the vet to make sure we had all our shots. Well the boys did but Callie needed hers. Our vet puts the lepto in the parvo shot so now we are all clear to go herding again..
Hey we are going to visit Suzanne and the girls this weekend. We can hardly wait..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Sure it was great to do all those things with your mom!
Glad you enjoyed your time with her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind said...

Sounds like a lot of fun for a cattle dog!

You look just like my boy Hawkydog!!! Except he is blue!

Here is a story of his great mole hunt you might enjoy!

http://crazyhorsewoman.blogspot.com/2009/06/hawky-dogs-mole-hunt-2009.html

Great blog!

Noah the Airedale said...

Wow what a weekend Velcro. Gosh you and your mum are brilliant for raising so much money for homeless animals. No wonder you crashed out. Running, sheep herding, fund raising and more runnning. Good work!!!!!

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy