Monday, October 12, 2009

A trail run at Forrestal Nature Preserve

I'm still here! Mom had a horrible work week last week! She hardly had the time to twitter let alone blog for me! She said she was carrying heavy camera equipment up dirt hills in a canyon....a canyon sounds fun! But I don't want to carry anything! So when the weekend arrived, mom didn't want to do anything! She did take me to the park to play with my jolly ball-and I always love that! I saw a few of my doggy friends: Lucky the poodle was there chasing his tennis ball but I didn't see my new friend Jack-he just chases me!

Today, mom and I got our running gear on and headed to a new trail area very near our house. As a matter of fact, it's on the other side of the hill from my favorite bunny sanctuary, Ocean Trails. The trails we were running today were in the Forrestal Nature Preserve. There weren't many miles of trails but the trails were steep. We started off and went straight up! Alot of these trails are multi purpose: hiking, bike and equestrian....so I found alot of horse poop to pee on! But no bunnies! I don't know if I like not seeing any bunnies!

Woof

Velcro

7 comments:

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

We figure that bunnies or no bunnies, being out on the trail with your mom is the best, best thing, Velcro!

Bruce said...

Looks like fun Velcro!

Josie said...

Glad you let your Mum rest on the weekend. The new trail run sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing the cool pics!! Love, Josie

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Your mom needs to hire a few Sherpas to do the heavy carrying for her!

Sparky said...

Velcro!

Too bad there were no bunnies, that sucks. But there was horse poop! That's pretty awesome, don't ya think?!

I hope you have a grrrrEAT day ahead!

Sparky

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Such a beautiful place to go for a run..
Mom you need to stop working so much. Velcro and the 3 Heeler's miss her...
Not this weekend but next weekend we are off herding again..
We had so much fun with Suzanne and the girls..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Deefor said...

I'm glad you got to run around with your mom. I used to like to eat horse poop but my humans got really upset about it! Your mom is really working way too hard.