Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunrise on Day #2



Day 2 started off COLD in Holbrook Arizona! We drove and drove and drove. Mom filled up with diesel and I'd get to leave pee mail. I spent most of the day in the front seat sleeping! And sometimes sleeping with one of the cats. Both Blossom and 3 Perf decided they wanted to sleep next to me!!

When we drove into Oklahoma, in the dark, my day was made! We stopped at the Visitors center on I-40 heading east. They have a dog park there!!! We stopped here last year and I got to play, so when we pulled in tonight, in the dark, I knew exactly where I was! I headed to the large dog area with mom in tow carrying my Jolly ball and proceeded to play until I was tired! It's my favorite stop! I like Oklahoma because they have dog parks at their Visitors centers!

We are getting ready for bed now. We nearly made it to Oklahoma City-we're just west of the city. Tomorrow we should make it to Nashville where my gramps and gradma will be waiting for ME!

woof

Velcro

9 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

We remember when you made this trip last year. Safe travels pals and we hope you have a great christmas. We got our card and we love the smile box.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Maggie and Mitch said...

What a beautiful sunrise!
We're so glad you got to stop at the dog park, Velcro!
It won't be long before you'll be saying hi to your gram and gramp!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

You guys are making some serious time!!! Travel safe!

Sam said...

You are on a long trip, aren't you? Many happy travels and many more beautiful sunrises!

Sam and Cisco

The Thundering Herd said...

Woo - We like I-40 because we live just off I-40 (well - a few miles) in North Carolina, but I guess you will stop a few hours short of us in Nashville (and that pesky rock slide still has I-40 closed at the NC/TN state line).

Josie said...

A beautiful sunrise on the start of another beautiful day! What a grand adventure you are on , Velcro...thanks for "taking us along." I love how your Mum sees things through your eyes. Merry Christmas!! Love, Josie

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Looks like you're enjoying your road trip!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Pawesome sunrise!
Glad to know you are almost there!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Annie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with that jolly ball! Will you get presents from Gramps and Grandma? Our auntie - Mom's little sis - gives us presents most years..... but Mom won't unwrap the parcels yet. :(

Slobbers Ruger & Neve