Saturday, May 1, 2010

Paws for a Cause Walk for Cancer









Mom and I have had a very busy fun-filled day!!

We woke up early, well early for unemployed Mom, and went for a run! Mom is running a half Marathon tomorrow, so she needed to get her legs moving in the morning, so we got 4.26 miles in.

After I ran, mom cooked me a yummy dinner of Dr Harveys and red meat!! It was tasty tasty! I gobbled it all up!

Then we headed out-wow..where could we be going? We drove to Friendship park and got out-and I saw all these doggies!! We were coming to the 1st annual Paws for a Cause doggie walk for cancer put on by the Relay for Life. They have this special dog addition since we cant come when they do the 24 hour Relay for Life.

Mom registered us, I got my purple bandanna and we found a tree that we could call our own! Mom set my water bowl out and once the announcements were made we were off. We were given a dog biscuit for every lap we walked-I got 17 dog biscuits for a total pf 2.53 miles walked with mom! There were about 25-30 doggies there with their owners!

They held raffles and gave prizes to the dog/owner that walked the most laps. Mom thought we had won-but some owner/doggie had 19 dog biscuits....hmmm mom thinks it was fixed!!!

So that was almost 7 miles on my feet before noon-I'm beat and am napping now!!! later I'll be going over to visit my friend Payton. Mom is having dinner there and she takes me!!! Payton is a big Labrador, like my cousin banner. He's just been diagnosed with diabetes-so the last time we were there he wasn't walking-we hope he's gotten a bit better!!

Woof

Velcro video video

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Wow!
Velcro! That was pawesome!
A very nice walkie and for a very good cause!
17 treats and you did not win?? Hmmmm...
Fishy-fishy, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Josie said...

What a great day you had, Velcro! A great cause, for sure...and wowzer 17 treats!!!!! You're a winner in our book! Love, Josie

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Yuu-Chan and Bibi-Chan said...

That looks like a great day, Velcro! And we do love your bandana!

Woofs,
Tommy

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Well done, Velcro, and a great cause indeed.