Sunday, September 19, 2010

a surprise visit to the ......VET... **gasp**

I've been limping. Mom thought it might be my front shoulder. Some days I wouldn't limp and some days I would. Mom was very confused so on Wednesday, she made an appointment for me to go see my vet on Friday before mom went to work.

Well, when mom came home from work super late on Thursday night and took me out to pee, she noticed I didn't want to put any pressure on my left paw. So she looked at it-OUCH! One of my pads was swollen on the side! She looked to see if she could see anything poking out-but she couldn't. So she soaked my paw in hot salty water at 1am.

At 8am, we went to the vet. I don't like the vet! The vet has "gets panic attacks" written on my chart-how dare they say that about me!!! Mom tries to only take me if I really need to go-and Friday, I needed to go. The only way my vet could look at my paws was for mom to lie on top of me. It tends to calm me down and I cant move. But I tried! When she was touching my ouchie paw pad I was trying to move!!!

The vet scraped the surface of my pad but couldn't see anything-but she did see a hole. She told mom that she thought I might have some "plant part" in my pad and the only way she could check it out was to sedate me.....S-E-D-A-T-E..... that word sounds so scary!!!

I was taken away from mom into "the back." They stuck me with a needle, I yelped, and stuck something in me that made me sleepy and drugged up and then OUT! I don't remember anything after this until I woke up. It was wierd...I was wobbly and my tongue was hanging out of my mouth! But my mom was there!!


video
She told me that I had a little tiny stone taken out of my paw pad. My vet saved it to mom could have it. It's little and must have been sharp! but it's out now!!! I have drugs that I have to take every 24 hours. But if they make my paw feel better, I'll take them!!

Mom took me home-all i wanted to do was sleep! I growled at mom once-she was shocked because I NEVER have growled at her! But I wasnt myself!!

My grandpa came down just after mom left me to go to her stupid job! He spent about 3 hours with me as I became less groggy! It was super nice to hang with my grandpa!! I love him!!

9 comments:

Josie said...

OMD Velcro...that sounds stressful! I'm so glad that the vet got the stone out and that you are on the mend! Cool that Grampa was there to sit with you. I hope you are all better real soon! Love, Josie

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

OMD! Velcro! Thanks goodness you're alright and on the mend. I think it must have been your evil twin that growled at Mom.

Stumpy hates the vet, too. yes, she'll accept their bribes. but they can bribe her all the want, they're not getting near hear without some serious drugs.

Maggie and Mitch said...

We're glad your vet took that stone out of your pad, Velcro! We're sending you lots of AireZen and hoping you feel 100% soon!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

The Mama Monster said...

Ouchie!!!! Poor baby! So glad that it wasn't something serious... Enjoy your meds =)

~The Monster Crew

Elyse said...

Poor Velcro! I'm glad they got your paw fixed. Other than it being an "I feel bad for you" post, it was a very funny post about the "gets panic attacks" and the whole drugging bit! Get well soon!

Elyse and Riley

Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

How are you feeling, Velcro? We hope you're all better. We can't get over how cute you are--you certainly deserve all the attention you get. :)

Be well!

JNTR

Lorenza said...

Hi, Velcro!
Glad to know the Vet took away that stone from your paw! Sure it caused lots of pain on you!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Yuu-Chan and Bibi-Chan said...

Poor Velcro! That sounds super painful and I know a thing or three about pawpad injuries. I'm glad the vet got the stone out. How come you don't like going to the vet? I adore my Dr.C!

Woofs,
Tommy

HunterBestDogEver said...

Been there! After I ruptured a ligament and couldn't walk much for awhile, my mom got me a big RED STROLLER! She calls it my tonga. I stand at the front and we go fast. And i can jump out a lot to smell stuff!