Sunday, October 10, 2010

I ran 13 miles with Mom today....

Mom got me up early today-something about "beating the heat" on her long run! I've been pretty lucky-mom was sick and at home on Thursday, so I got Jolly ball playtime!! That was very exciting.

Mom spent all day with me yesterday-she screamed at her tv. Then we went on a short night run. Mom had her headlamp on and I saw lots of eyes....

This morning we got up early, doesnt she know that I was getting my beauty sleep!! But I got up-I cant have mom leaving the house without me!!

We ran down to the "foggy place"...lots of fog horns were going off near the big load ships! Mom loved it-the fog left me with wet ears and a wet head!

we ran and ran and then the fog started to disappear and that horrible sun started coming up. Mom and I dont like sun. We prefer cool dark! When Mom and I reached the 10 mile mark we found a lovely Black labrador girl. She was on the sidewalk, without humans. Mom and I continued but the Lab Lady followed. So we had to stop our run and mom took me off leash and put the Lab lady on my leash since she was racing around and running into the street. Mom was knocking on doors at 8:30am trying to find her owner. Her stupid owner didn't know or didnt care that she was out-Mom should have taken her home!

We continued our run...we stopped in the shade so I could drink water. I have a great talent, I can drink out of mom's handheld water bottle. She takes it just for me!!! I love my mom!

We finished our run! 13 miles!!! That is the farthest I have ever run with mom. I've run 10-11 miles but never a half marathon!!!

I'm sorry mom hasnt let me come by to visit everyone. Her stupid job occupies so much of "my time"...mom doesnt even turn her computer on during the week!

I hope all of my friends are great!!!

Woof

velcro

7 comments:

Lorenza said...

Velcro!
That was a very long run!
Sure it was pawesome!
Glad you took care of that lab doggie. I hope she is safe with her owner!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Thundering Herd said...

Great rescue! Our hu-dad helped a Siberian girl find her lost humans too (who also were in their house and no idea she was out and wandering).

Josie said...

Hi Velcro! That sounds like a great run AND a grand adventure, too. You and your Mum are angels for getiing the Lab lady home. Good to know you are doing well! Love, Josie

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

Good top hear from you, Velcro! I'm glad your getting your excersize and that you were able to help the labra girl!

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan and Bibi-Chan said...

Hey Velcro! Great to get your news. You're such a sporty girl!

Woofs,
Tommy

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow your Mom got in lots more steps than ours did.. We just walked and walked. hehe
You need to come on out to the lake with us. We would entertain you while Mom did her running.. he he
Perhaps a nice dip in the lake..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Diana N' Kallie said...

WOW! Glad you and your mom got your exercise!

woof and wags

KallieTheACD