Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rest In Peace my sweet Velcro

For 13.5 years I've always had a shadow. Velcro followed me wherever I went, hence her name. I just woke up to go to the bathroom and didn't hear her follow me... my shadow is gone. My soft sided piece of Velcro is gone. My ❤️ dog.  She saved me after I saved her. She will always have a special place in my heart.

It was so hard watching her age. She had been such a vibrant dog- going everywhere with me, running miles upon miles on trails and roads with me.

The past few months I didn't take her in the car as much- she didn't want to go anywhere. She enjoyed her couch and her kitties. But I'm so glad I was able to take her and her siblings to Jalama Beach one last time. She loved that beach! And this past trip she chased seagulls like she was a puppy.

I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you when you needed me most. I raced home as quickly as I could and was here to help you over the bridge. I hope you know how much I love and will always love you!! My heart hurts! My Velcro dog is gone! I hope you weren't in any pain those two days I wasn't here before you passed.

I'm so glad you had Grandpa with you and Griffin. It brings me comfort knowing that you were surrounded by love even though I wasn't here.

You will always be my girl.

Rest In Peace my beautiful red girl!!

2 comments:

Molly the AireGirl said...

You were one special girl that was so loved, Velcro. Angel Maggie and Mitch followed along with you on your blog for YEARS. They will be right there to welcome you to Rainbow Bridge. Our hearts are absolutely breaking for you, Miss Penny. Huge hugs♥ We will never forget you, Velcro - not ever♥

Lorenza said...

Of course she knew how much you loved her.
I know how it hurts. My thoughts are with You.